Sunday, December 14, 2014

Haul-y, jolly, Christmas

Hey guys! So it's been a while since I've blogged. I was sick and work has been kind of kicking my butt lately. I did, however, have some time to do some shopping. :)

I went to Ulta, T.J. Maxx, Target and Sephora and all places were having great sales. 

So here is my haul along with some swatches. 

First up is Ulta and T.J. Maxx. 

I've been wanting to try a new finishing powder. Don't get me wrong; I love my NARS one, but it's pretty expensive. So after researching as much as I could find about the brand Japonesque Color, I found that Ulta had this "best sellers" kit for $28. It only comes with deluxe sizes, but it's a great way for me to try out not only the powder, but the brand overall. 
Japonesque Color Velvet Touch Finishing Powder
Japonesque Color Velvet Touch Blush in the shade 03
Japonesque Color Pro Performance Lipstick in the shade 02

My first impressions are good. The blush and lipstick are very pigmented and both powders are extremely soft. 

I also picked up two NYX matte lipsticks from Ulta. 
NYX Matte Lipsticks in the shades Tea Rose and Sweet Pink

I've never owned the matte lipsticks, but I've heard great things about them. They're really pigmented and creamy. Sweet Pink looked more dark on the display, but I'm super excited for Tea Rose! 

 I also picked up a mini Not Your Mothers Way To Grow leave-in conditioner. I'm in the process of growing out my hair (there will be a review on the Biotin vitamin I've been taking), so I figured this could along with that. 

Cargo HD CC Cream in Light

At an endcap display at T.J. Maxx, I found this CC cream by Cargo. I've never tried the white-to-color type of BB creams, so this is fairly new to me. I like the consistency of it, but the color scares me a little (as you can see by the picture lol). Hopefully it'll blend with my skin tone when I have a little more color. 

OPI Liquid Sand nail polishin Get Your Number

This nail polish is beautiful. I have another liquid sand nail polish and I actually like it. I'm sure I'm going to love this one.  


Next up is Target. 

NYX Mood Lip Gloss in Affectionate and Sensual  

I'm really intrigued by the mood lip glosses that are out on the market right now. I tried both of these out and Affectionate turns into a really pretty pink flush on my lips. Sensual seemed to just stay the color that is swatched above which didn't look as good. I'm a little bummed. 

Sonia Kashuk Bare Necessities palette (using UD primer potion)

My pictures are not doing this palette any justice. The colors are really pretty and rose gold toned. 

I picked up a Suave dry shampoo as well. It's the only dry shampoo (I've only tried some of the drugstore ones) that I like. The only problem I have with all dry shampoos is that when I do wash my hair after using it, I end up having to wash twice because the first time doesn't lather. It's the weirdest thing. Does this happen to everyone?


Lastly, Sephora. 

I bought the small size of the Josie Maran "light" Argan oil. I've tried the original and I loved it. This version is supposed to absorb quicker into a matte-satin finish. 

Urban Decay eyeshadows in Virgin and Zephyr (no primer)

I'm sure you all know what Virgin looks like lol, but I figured I'd do a swatch anyway. These two are my holy grail eyeshadows. I usually use only two eyeshadows; one all over the lid and one in the crease. Both colors are my lid colors. I just choose whether I want a shimmer or a matte-satin eye. 

Whew. This a pretty long post lol, but I did want to include swatches. Has anyone tried some of these products? If so, what did you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment